Take a walk in Porquerolles
Porquerolles, the largest of the Golden Islands, is an exceptional place that attracts many tourists every year. Porquerolles is visited for the many sites of interest of the island, its monuments, its preserved nature and its almost non-existent pollution.
As a group of guest houses in Provence, we can only invite our guests to spend a wonderful day in Porquerolles and Port Cros which are essential places Varois.
Do you want to go for a walk in Porquerolles? What can we visit? How to get there ? What activities to practice there? These few lines will guide you in your walk to Porquerolles.
How to get to Porquerolles?
Porquerolles is accessible by the numerous shuttle boats that serve the island. To take a boat in the direction of Porquerolles, various departure ports provide the connection:
- The Port of Toulon for Toulon and Marseilles
- La Seyne sur mer, Sablettes for those coming from Bandol / Six Fours or Sanary
- the port of La Londe for visitors arriving from Le Lavandou or Saint Tropez …
- Hyères at the Fade Tower for the official line
What to do in Porquerolles?
When visiting Porquerolles, you are sure not to get bored. Whether you have planned a holiday of relaxation, discovery or more lively, Porquerolles is a lively island where you can practice all kinds of activities, both during the day and evening.
The beaches of Porquerolles
Choose from one of the five most famous beaches in Porquerolles for relaxing by the sea:
- Courtade beach: the largest beach in Porquerolles, very easy to access.
- the beach of Langoustier: relax on a fine sand sheltered from the wind. The beach is located 40 minutes by bike, and a half-hour walk.
- Notre Dame beach: voted the most beautiful beach in Europe, it is less crowded than other beaches, you can enjoy its crystal clear waters in small committee.
- the black beach of Langoustier: in the South, beach with red-dark sand sheltered from the wind.
- Silver Beach: 5 minutes by bike from the village, you can have lunch by the sea in the restaurant that welcomes you over the beach.
For Scuba diving fans, there are also some beautiful spots with wrecks such as Greek, donator or Aznavour … Here is the list of dive spots in Porquerolles.
Visits to the island
Porquerolles is a magical place, with a history and an important architecture. For a family summer day in Porquerolles, you can rent a bike and visit the many places to discover on the island, such as the lighthouse Porquerolles, Emmanuel Lopez gardens for a moment of relaxation in the countryside, where for example the mill Happiness, very representative of the mills that can be found in Provence, on guided tour only. Lovers of historical monuments will enjoy contemplating the various forts of the island: the fort of Alycastre, the fort of Repentance or the impressive fort of Grand Langoustier, built between 1633 and 1637. In summer, many festivities take place on the island. You will be able to participate in the Jazz festival in July, and admire the regattas, famous boat races, such as the classic Porquerolles race or the Poquerolle’s Cup.